cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field fox microwave analyzer version N9918A and LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have Labview 2015 , but no experience with it,I have a project implemented on labview,it consist of wide band spectrum sense code.

-the first question is :

-if I make a spectrum scan   for a signal generated from a signal generator using the labview and usrp 2932,is it possible  saving this data as a file in the labview?

-and how to use this data in the microwave analyzer,in another word how to make connection between the labview and the(field fox microwave analyzer version N9918A ) ?

I would highly appreciate any help. Thank you very much for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,237 Views)

Hi,

I have Labview 2015 , but no experience with it,I have a project implemented on labview,it consist of wide band spectrum sense code.

-the first question is :

-if I make a spectrum scan   for a signal generated from a signal generator using the labview and usrp 2932,is it possible  saving this data as a file in the labview?

-and how to use this data in the microwave analyzer,in another word how to make connection between the labview and the(field fox microwave analyzer version N9918A ) ?

I would highly appreciate any help. Thank you very much for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,228 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DOHAAACB19619

Hello,

You're in luck, there are an incredible amount of learning resources out there for beginning LabVIEW users. I would recommend searching these forums for questions similar to your own in addition to browsing the built-in examples in LabVIEW. Those examples can be found at Help > Find Examples. 

Saving data is a very common function to add to a LabVIEW application. Here are two resources I would recommend reading to learn more about it. 

Automate Saving and Reporting Data with LabVIEW: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x1k3CAA&l=en-US

Best Method for Saving Data to File?: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Best-Method-for-Saving-Data-to-File/td-p/1178257

As for the second question, I have never worked with that piece of hardware before. I'm not sure what format data needs to be in for the field fox microwave analyzer to read properly. I would recommend searching for a history of people interfacing between LabVIEW and that device, or possibly consulting the manual provided by the manufacturer. Many 3rd party devices have LabVIEW drivers on their website.

Happy learning!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,191 Views)

thank you very much  BrandonC1, you are helpful ,I relay benefit of your solution ,it help me solving my problem ,I Hope you will help me if I face another problem if you don't opposes: 

Message 4 of 5
(3,123 Views)

I definitely don't know everything but I'll do my best to help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,112 Views)