LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fedsq

Hello to all,

I would like to know why when I add these two signals (confer attached file) the resultant signal is not the one that I should have in the mathematical point of view.
Cordially
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,137 Views)
Missing attachment.  Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,135 Views)
You are also missing a subject that makes any sense. What the heck is 'fedsq' supposed to mean?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,128 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,125 Views)
Since you didn't attach the file the second time, I guess you don't need any help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,121 Views)
I am sorry but I added the attached file I don't know why it does not arrive.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,114 Views)
1. If you Preview the posting after attaching a file, the attachment is lost.

2. I suspect that the problem is the timing of the two signals. You did not save any default values, so we cannot see your data. However the way you create the waveform datatypes results in dt = 1 (the default value). This dt is probably not what the signal generators are using. The reciprocal of the Sample Rate output is the actual dt. If the generators have different Number of Samples or Duration, their sample rates will be different.

To add the waveforms for Graphe 4 both waveforms must have the same dt values.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,107 Views)
Hi,

I sent my Vi exactly my signals have the same rate of samples. My wish is that the resultant signal is in  form of stair, because he will allow me to load in constant voltage a battery.
For example
1,5v lasting 30mn
1,9 lasting 45 mn
But when the duration of cycle isn't the same I don't have a signal in  form of stair.

Cordially.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,087 Views)
I think I see what is the confusion. When you use the Merge Signals function, it does not add the two signals. It makes an array with each waveform as a separate element. To see this put a probe on the wire going to Graphe. It will display an array with two elements. The first element [0] contains the data which is displayed on Graphe 2 while the second elelment [1] shows the data from Graphe 3.

The help for Merge signals is not helpful. It does not explain what is meant by merge or combine.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,083 Views)

Thank you,

But I use "merge signal" for show on the same graphe the signals, but my wish is add this signals with "add" function (graphe4).And the result of this add isn't good, when the signals have different duration.I would like to know why.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,078 Views)