LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fast fourier transform from sampled values of a wave

Hi,

im new to labview .I'm trying to plot frequency spectrum of a FFT. here fft should be constructed using sampled values of a wave stored in spreadsheet. can any one help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,913 Views)

Hi Jane,

fft should be constructed using sampled values of a wave stored in spreadsheet.

Read the spreadsheet data, construct a waveform with this data, then apply a FFT function, plot the result by wiring to a graph. Finished.

can any one help

Well, where are you stuck?

We don't do homework, but we will answer any (specifc) question we can. So post your VI, attach your spreadsheet, tell us your problems/error messages…

im new to labview

Then I guess you already did the free online courses to learn the basics?

Btw. LabVIEW is written with some uppercase characters… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,890 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Btw. LabVIEW is written with some uppercase characters… 😄

True.  And also the first letter of the first word of any sentence should be capitalized.Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,841 Views)
HI GerdW, Thank you for answering and correcting.As you said I read values from spreadsheet to an array using Read From Spreadsheet File.vi. Now i have to create a signal using these values .Is there any functionality in labVIEW to do this? Signal should have a frequency of 50 Hz. sampling frequency 2 Hz. I want to apply the generated signal to  FFT Power Spectrum.vi . I want to attach my VI and spreadsheet but i dont know how to attach multiple files. Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,799 Views)

Hi janetajaj,

Now i have to create a signal using these values .Is there any functionality in labVIEW to do this?

BuildWaveform

Signal should have a frequency of 50 Hz. sampling frequency 2 Hz.

This will not work according to work of Nyquist and Shannon…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 7
(2,792 Views)

Hi 

Signal should have a frequency of 50 Hz. sampling frequency 2 Hz.

This will not work according to work of Nyquist and Shannon…

you are right , actually sampling rate is 2 KHz.Is it possible to input sampling frequency?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,779 Views)

Hi janetajaj,

when you would use the BuildWaveform function you would get the option to specify the sampling frequency (aka sampling time dt). And you would NOT get that read coercion dot…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,769 Views)