Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to connect target

Is it connected on MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(3,162 Views)

Yes, it is connected. All status of embedded controller is listed on MAX info page.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(3,159 Views)

It works now.

The issue is caused by target not installed.

I am a newbie to Labview RT:)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(3,152 Views)

I'm sorry.  Can you  clarify what you mean by "target not installed".  Do you mean in MAX or the Project?  What steps did you perform to resolve the issue (assuming it is still resolved).  I have a similar issue that occurs sporadically. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(3,009 Views)

Hansel,

Could you describe your issue in more detail? It seems like the topic of this post was a consistent issue. Are you able to see your device in MAX and configure it, but unable to connect to it in your project?

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(2,991 Views)

We are having the same error as we try to connect target. After getting this error as we connect our target from MAX the system status changed from running to Safe Mode (Improper Installation). After this, I am unable to update the firmware of the target even unable to uninstall the software too. Currently, our 4 boards are working due to this error. Please go through attached documents.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(2,224 Views)

Can you clarify what you mean by improper installation? Where you having issues with MAX during the install process?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(2,207 Views)

The same question I want to ask what is mean by improper installation...??

Initially, as we installed the software using NI MAX, the status at MAX was Running Mode. Now as  the target connected through Labview the error popup "Failed to connect target"  the status at NI MAX now changed from running mode to safe mode improper installation. Now I am unable to resolve this problem even I tried to uninstall the software but it is restraining with an error message attached below. 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(2,202 Views)

Can you please be more clear with what exact software you are trying to uninstall and what steps you took to do that? Also can you please take a screenshot of this improper installation Max Status. I'm not able to clearly see that in your screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(2,195 Views)

Ok, I am going one by one 

Image1 - As I tried to connect target from LabView.

Image2 - Target status in NI MAX.

Image3 - As I tried to uninstall the software from the target.

Image4 -  Error during uninstallation of software.

Image5 - Then I tried to update the firmware.

Image6 - Error during the firmware update.

Above problems are running with four sbRIO 9627.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(2,186 Views)