f

Solved!
Go to solution

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,597 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ob12345

Limit the size of the array by trimming it to a maximum size (e.g. 1000/10000/100000 elements). To avoid the CPU usage / slowdown of dynamically allocating memory, you should also preallocate the array and then index in the individual elements (or keep track of the last element).

Something like this: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3734

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,591 Views)

What! are we playing "Jeopardy" now?  

Capture.PNG

<Reported to Moderator> we should consider un-editing that post or the thread makes no sence!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 9
(4,570 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

I'll take F words for 500.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,513 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

I'll take F words for 500.  

Do do do da do dee da...

A:  it can go fast and ends with an uck

Spoiler
What is a Fire Truck?  what were you thinking?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 9
(4,505 Views)

Well if nothing else, this thread has helped in creating another bullet point on the Unofficial Forum Guidelines.  Maybe it is a bit long winded.

• If you edit your post, don't remove information.  Some users choose to edit their posts after they get the answer they were looking for.  And they will completely remove their original question and replace it with nothing or "Thanks".  This creates a thread where the first post just says "Thanks" and then there are several replies answering a question that is no longer there.  The community exists to help others with the same question find help, editing your question or posts this way helps no one. 
Message 6 of 9
(4,487 Views)

Thanks to Google and its cache, here is what it said:

I have this set up in my VI , which populates an array from 2 serial ports and displays the array to graph. I understand that my array is growing forever and i get slow downs over time, but I cannot seem to find the solution to this problem. All the commetns just say this is a bad bad idea, but none offer the solution.

I am following this example and have the serial reads populating the array input:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6604

Message 8 of 9
(4,461 Views)

The question was about building an array inside a loop, that someone had mentioned that it causes problems (CPU / memory leak) but that no-one had provided any information on how to solve it - so I gave some examples.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 9 of 9
(4,379 Views)