Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract plot data from a E5061B analyzer

Solved!
Go to solution

@edoc wrote:

Hi Dennis:

Keysight gave me the scpi commands full definitions. I found out that the e5061b network analyzer only sends simulation data first, :SENS1:FREQ:DATA?

in a serial download. Then the second command, :CALC1:DATA:FDAT? is sends the response values. The response values have zeros intermixed with the real data. The current ni drivers don't work. So the issue has been elevated to NI R&D. Hopefully they will come back with a soultion. At this time the problem hasn't been resolved. Ni has to write a new serial driver.vi.

Thankyou for your assistance,

Highlights the danger of blindly using drivers without understanding the instrument's commands.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,163 Views)

Yes:

They told me that they would fix it in a month. A month has past gone by, I have give them all the data I have.  They want me to do the tracing down. No solution.

What they should do is RENT the analyzer do the same test and give me the corrected driver.vi (since this was a certified driver which doesn' t work.) It is going to take 3-12 months to solve this until the next release.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,089 Views)

Hello. You mentioned not installing LabVIEW on the analyzer. Is it possible to build a Windows app in LabVIEW which can be run from the analyzer? The intention is to have a app running on E5061B which is able to access test data, adjust test parameters and write data to server database

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(547 Views)