From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extra blank line coming

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to read some data from three .txt files and then try to write it in a .dat file. But in the .dat filesome extra blank lines are coming in that .dat file. I am attaching my vi file with this mail and attaching my .txt files with the reply mails. 

To run this vi you need to creat a folder and save these .txt files to that folder and you need to creat a folder in the same location named"test_3" where you could see the output .dat files.

I am attaching another three .txt files with next reply mail.You save these .txt files also in the same folder as before.

Now, if you run the vi you could see two .dat files in the "test_3"folder. One .dat file has extra blank lines but other has no extra blan lines.But,these two .dat files are created from the same .txt files.

Please help me about this problem

Thank you in advance............

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,738 Views)

my first group of .txt files..........

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,737 Views)

my 2nd group of .txt files...........

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ssengupta

Let's start with your input data files. The first set has an extra tab "\t" at the end of each row that is creating the blank entry. See picture below.

Raw Data

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,666 Views)

Thank you very much...........

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,636 Views)