From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external device not recognized

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to control an AGILENT DSO6032A connected by GPIB-USB (82357B) to my computer.

I followed the instructions for the GPIB-USB, so the cable between the computer and the agilent is OK.

I can even see than my AGILENT is connected via the software i installed for the GPIB-USB :

ni.forum.1.png

According to the instructions i found on ni website, i would then be able to find my AGILENT in NI MAX - Devices & interfaces (here "Périphériques et interfaces").

However, i can't find my GPIB interface. The only thing that appeared was the "LPT1" device, and when i try to open the VISA test control i get an error :

Error opening resource:
ASRL10::INSTR

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Les informations concernant la position sont insuffisantes ou bien soit le périphérique soit la ressource n'est pas présent dans le système.

ni.forum.3.png

What i first thought was that i lacked drivers for my AGILENT, and so it seemed :

ni.forum.4.png

However, i already downloaded AGILENT 6000 Series driver on NI, which include the device i'm trying to use.

And it looks like the device isn't recognized by LabVIEW (cf Connected Instruments)

ni.forum.2.png

Does that make sense to someone ?

What steps should i take to be able to use my instrument on LabVIEW ?

Clement Z.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,058 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Orbieu
Installing an instrument driver is irrelevant and trying to talk to a non-existent parallel port is silly. Since you decided to not use an NI GPIB controller, you have to spend some extras effort on getting MAX, to see your controller and instrument. The instructions should be on the Keysight website. One of the things you must do is enable tulip support. You also need to make NI-VISA primary, if I recall.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,043 Views)

First there is no need to be unpleasant.

Second i did not chose the controller i have to use.

Third thank you for the tip, it was indeed the "enable tulip support" that caused troubles.

Clement Z.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,030 Views)