From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

express vi Title position

Hello,

in the Express VI I can specify the custom VI title that will be finally placed in block diagram. Can I also change the positon of the label?

The problem is, that if I want to have 2 lines label, it is always placed over the VI icon:

Thanks,

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,424 Views)

Grab the label and move it on the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,380 Views)

Thanks, I didn't know this is possible 🙂

But seriously, I wanted to have it automatic.

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,344 Views)

It's not automatic.  I think the anchor point for the label is its upper left corner, and it always places it "one line" above the node. Then the text grows down or right from the anchor point.  There are some ideas on the Idea Exchange about making labels smarter (mostly for FP terminals).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,318 Views)

With 2012 and later you can change the default label justification for vi's on a BD.  VI's labels fall under "Other"  There is even a checkbox to automatically show subvi labels.  set the option to right-top or bottom anything and the growth won't cause grief.  (Well, bottom-xxx may interfer with polymorphic selectors)  Also uncheck "Labels locked by default" to make it easier to move labels on new vi's.  There is a Right-click setting to lock/unlock labels on individual objects

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,301 Views)