cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export xy graph to power point?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Darin,

You had helped me with this a while back.

I like to know if I were to name the ppt. that is generated, where do I select that? 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(1,147 Views)

To name the PPT you would call the SaveAs method of the Presentation class.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(1,140 Views)

Thanks, I tried to think about it logically to see where the SaveAs method would go: presumably, after the ppt has been created.

So I tried connecting the reference input to various points but didn't get the result I wanted.

Also, I tried the input setting inside the for loop from Clipboard to file, and put in the path where I want the ppt. to be saved,

but that yielded some weird result.

Need a little more help. I deally it should use a name generated by the code (in other parts of my program) and save the ppt. in a folder that

is  also generated by the code (in other parts of my code).  Thanks again.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(1,131 Views)

Two things you need:

1) You need to create a dataflow dependence between the loops you show.  Stub an error wire from the Draw Area Size Property Node or something like that which prevents the copy/paste for loop from running until after the pictures are created.

2) Insert the SaveAs method into the error wire which exits the copy/paste for loop and enters the Close function.  You can use the usual file path controls and functions to generate the path and then use path to string as input to the invoke node.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(1,119 Views)

Thanks. I definitely lack theory knowlege and am reading up on it.

The dataflow part is easy and I took care of it, and also creating paths etc, easy.

I am trying to understand at what point the ppt. is created. Following the diagram, after the Application Invoke Method, right-clicking on it, I can go to Create Property, then I see Presentations. 
So when I click on the Presentation and drop that Invoke Method, is that when a PowePoint document is created in the memory? I assume it must be created before the for loop starts,

because all I see in the for loops are actions that access the images and put them in different slides. So if I assume the for loop completes the ppt., then I inserted the SaveAs method

between the error wires of the for loop and close Ref. I get Invalid Method error.  Is is probaly because I am not wiring the correct Ref wire into the SaveAs method. 

I tried different ones, didn't help.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(1,111 Views)
You need to wire the Presentation reference, not Presentations
Message 26 of 31
(1,104 Views)

Thank you!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(1,096 Views)

I would love to be able to use this and adapt it. I can run the VI and it does what is expected. However, when I click on any of the property/invoke nodes, instead of a list of properties I just get "No Properties." Am I missing something? Is there some tool or add in that I need to be able to work with these?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(1,041 Views)

Have you tried right-clicking the ActiveX reference and browsing to the ActiveX class again?  You may have a different (yet similar) version installed which is causing trouble.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(1,031 Views)

Thanks for your help. I suspect you are on to something. I have to admit that I don't have any experience with ActiveX, so I apologize for the completely novice questions. I just tried your suggestion and when I open the dialog to select the ActiveX Class, I'm not sure where to look to find the "PowerPoint._Application" class. I don't see anything under PowerPoint, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc. Can you give me more info on where I can find the correct class?

class list.png

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(1,025 Views)