LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

explain FP Bounds?

Can anyone de-mystify the VI Property FP Bounds?  I have two VI's I'm trying to position next to each other on the screen.

To get them both postioned at the top of the screen, I have the top bound of both set to -65.  Why not zero?

The right bound of the left window is set to 1024.  To get the right window to have its left edge line up with the right edge of the other window, I need to set its left bound to 1003.  Why not 1024 or 1025?

Both windows now appear the same height on the screen, but the bottom bound of one is 310 and the other is 219!!!

All of these values have been found by extremely time consuming (and therefore expensive!) trial and error. 

Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,591 Views)

First, you should not confuse panel and window bounds. Seems that the 65 value correspond to the panel bound of the Front Panel : that's the position of the usable part of the window, not considering the title, menu and tool bars...

Message Edité par chilly charly le 03-23-200607:07 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,590 Views)
You're right to point out that difference.  It turns out I was using PanelBounds for one VI and WindowBounds for the other.

Now the tops and bottoms of the windows behave the same...but the overall behavior still does not seem logical!  I'm still using nearly random numbers to get the vertical edges of the panels to align.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,566 Views)
Nothing weird in the FPbounds : the difference between panel and window bounds is of course related to the width of the window frame around the panel. Don't forget to take it into account !
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,553 Views)
You might want to take a look at the LV v7.0 VI posted here for more explanation.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,542 Views)