From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execute a VBAI code with Labview

Hello

I work with a CVS, and for that I create a VBAI code that I need to use with Labview, I already use the tool "migrate inspection to labview" and tryed this VI. I added the "inspect main" VI on my cvs target, but I did'nt do what I put on the VBAI code.

How can I do to execute exactly the VBAI steps in Labview.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,524 Views)

How exactly are you running the VI. Do you run it from a LabVIEW project, or do you build it into a RT statup app and deploy it to the target? In either case, make sure you copy the "Configuration Files" folder that is generated to the target and put it in the root directory. Here's a forum post that talks about this:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Application-built-from-Vision-Builder-compiles-but-doesn-t-work/td-p...

Since this post we changed the VI that builds the path to look in the root directory for the Configuration Files when running on RT. Please include your entire folder of Files (including Configuration Files) with more details about how you are trying to run it on RT.

Have you tried stepping through the code if you run it from the LV project to see what error you are getting and where the error happens?

Hope this helps,

Brad

To help us better understand what you want to do, do you need to run other LV code besides the generated VBAI code on the target...is that why you migrate to LabVIEW? Do you want the CVS to be stand alone or will you connect a PC and coordinate CVS results with PC also running code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,509 Views)

Hello

When I used  "migrate inspection to labview", the VI was recorded on my computer, and tu run it I created a new Labview project, running on real time, added the CVS, connect it and add the VI.

I Have 2 camera connected to the CVS, I want to record the images, I also want that the CVS stand alone.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,486 Views)

Hello

I look the link tou send but I still don't understant how copy the "Configuration Files" folder that is generated to the target and put it in the root directory.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,475 Views)

Here's a sample LV 2013 project with a CVS target and the build specs to get a startup app.

1. Right clikc on the CVS and select Properties. Change the IP Address to match your target's.

2. Right click on the "My Real-Time Application" under Build Specification for your target and select Build

3. Once the Build is done, right click again and select Deploy. This should automatically create a Configuration Files folder on the target with the correct files.

4. Right click again and select "Run as Startup" and this will ask you to reboot. Now the VI will start running when the target reboots.

If you need to debug, you can stop the startup app on the CVS by right clicking on the target and connecting. Then just open the Inspect Main.vi from the project when it's under your CVS target) and run it. The Configuration Files should already be downloaded to the target after following the above steps.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,452 Views)