LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

executable built for PDA on Labview 7.1 does not run on PDA

I built an executable in LabView 7.0 using the PDA module. When installed on PDA, works fine. I then built and executable in Labview 7.1 also using the PDA module. I am able to open up the executable on the PDA but does not work. It just hangs. Does anybody have any suggestions. Also, program accesses serial port. I
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,306 Views)
Hi:

I believe you need the PDA module v7.1 if you're working with LV7.1.

Robert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,306 Views)
Hello ejosh,

Rberger is correct in that LV 7.1 needs the PDA 7.1 module.

We will need more information on what you are trying to accomplish if you are using PDA 7.1. Such as PDA and OS your using, type of serial communication taking place, where program hangs, etc..

Regards,

Matt F
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,306 Views)
I am using PDA Module for Labview 7.1, but it is still not responding. I am using the PDA HP 5555 with operating system Widows CE 4.2. I am using a Laptop with windows 2000 to compile the program. When I run the VI created for this application, it works fine, as soon as it is compiled for the PDA, it installs and looks fine. It just hangs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,306 Views)
Hello ejosh,

Does this behavior only occur with this one VI, or is it with all VIs built for the PDA? If it just this one VI, where in the execution does it hang? Is it specific to serial communication?

Regards,

Matt F
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,306 Views)
I am having a similar problem on the HP iPAQ 2210. An application that worked fine on the 7.0 PDA module just hangs with the 7.1 version. I have narrowed it down to the spreadsheet-string-to-array function. Version 7.1 can not tolerate this function for some reason! Specifically, I am using the %x (hex) format string and comma delimiter. I have tried using the %s and then just convert to hex later but it still does not like it. It just hangs.
D. H. Litwhiler
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,306 Views)
Hello diltwhiler,

I have tried to create a LabVIEW application that uses the Spreadsheet String to Array function and it appears not to work correctly when using two dimensional arrays. I have reported this to the R&D department for further investigation.

To work around this issue we can use a 1-D array input into the function and then create the 2-D array after converting the data.

Regards,

Matt F
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,305 Views)