LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

executable and dependencies

Labview 2012/Windows 7.

On my developemnt machine I created a project w all my vis to run a test.  That works fine.  I then created an exe and that works fine.  Then I created an installer for the target machine and the code doesn't work.  I get that its missing files and those files just happen to be listed under "dependencies" of the project  on the devmnt machine.  To name a few..."vi.lib", "instr.lib", nidmm_32.dll", niswitch_32.dll".  In the build I included DAQmx and visa as well as the RT engine.  I selected my "Main Menu" as the "startup vi.  Main menu calls all of the "other vis"  which are in folders in the project under main menu.  The discussion grps have some confusing info.  Should I put the "other vis" that my main menu calls in the "Always Include" box or when I select main menu as my startup vi Labview is smart enough to include those called vis??

What am I missing that I get an error when I port my code to the target machine ?  ..."vi.lib", "instr.lib", nidmm_32.dll", niswitch_32.dll".

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,484 Views)

Hi Clint,

you miss installers for NI-DMM and NI-Switch…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,479 Views)

Hate to doubt you but NIDMM I thought I got but NI Switch I'll agree w.  Where can I check???  And will those to installers take care of the missing files I mentioned??

Thanks for quick reply!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,475 Views)

Hi Clint,

as you miss "nidmm.dll" I guess you need to install the NI-DMM driver as well with your exectable…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,472 Views)