From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

executable and Register event callbacks

Hi,

I have been running into an issue regarding the building of an executable that has register event callbacks (specifically Test Stand Callbacks).  The VI that is responsible for setting up the event registration is an asynchronous VI.  During development everything works but during deployment of an executable the Callback is either not running or capturing the event from the Test Stand engine (I am looking for the end of execution event).  The setup is not reporting an error, and the pathing to the callback VIs is correct.  Any Ideas on this?

setup.JPG

Does the Teststand engine not post a endexecution callback when running from a executable labview environment?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,312 Views)

@akonecki wrote:

Hi,

I have been running into an issue regarding the building of an executable that has register event callbacks (specifically Test Stand Callbacks).  The VI that is responsible for setting up the event registration is an asynchronous VI.  During development everything works but during deployment of an executable the Callback is either not running or capturing the event from the Test Stand engine (I am looking for the end of execution event).  The setup is not reporting an error, and the pathing to the callback VIs is correct.  Any Ideas on this?

setup.JPG

Does the Teststand engine not post a endexecution callback when running from a executable labview environment?

Thanks,

Andrew

The TestStand engine is singular regardless of what is hosting the components so it will post the appropriate callbacks. Try some tracing and see what flags up in your callback VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,260 Views)

I am now looking into how I am executing a sequence.  I think that is more than likely the issue for the callback is never being posted to by the TestStand Engine.  So I will check my TestStand engine environment prior to attempting to execute a sequence.  I dont know what the difference is between the Labview Development Enviornment and the deployment environment is on this issue that is where the problem more than likely exists.

I will update as I progress on the issue.

-Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,251 Views)

Dumb question - you are including your dynamically called VI in your executable build spec right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,246 Views)

Yes.  It is included in the build spec.  At the moment none of my Test Stand active X objects are updating during execution, (as though a sequence is never sent to the test stand engine), even though the execution object properties looking correct (correct sequence file, path and sequence).

-Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,231 Views)