LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exe file

Solved!
Go to solution

I could able to create a exe file in a 64 bit windows but i couldnt run this file on other pc.An error occurs that it needs some lib files .Please help me with it

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,226 Views)

Did you create an installer for your .exe ?

Your applications is looking for IMAQ files which requires the installation of a run-time engine for that toolkit.  Note that I believe the IMAQ run-time engine has its own licensing, so if you install that app on another PC besides your development PC, then you need to purchase another license.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,214 Views)

wat is an installer.? is it a run time engine .If so i have a run time engine installed.

is imaq run time engine is a open source or it is to be purchased with a license?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,190 Views)
Solution
Accepted by vahini.manoharan

@vahini.manoharan wrote:

wat is an installer.? is it a run time engine .If so i have a run time engine installed.

is imaq run time engine is a open source or it is to be purchased with a license?

Vision is one of the few NI toolkits that requires a run-time license - see information here. Most NI products are proprietary and owned by NI - none of it is 'open source' - but the drivers / run-time engine are generally free to download/install (with a few exceptions...VIsion, TestStand and the DSC module being the obvious ones I can think of).

In addition to that - if you only installed the runtime engine, you won't have the NI Vision Runtime installed at all.

Creating an installer packages up your executable and any run-time engine / drivers that your software uses so that you don't have to find/install these components separately. This is the 'additional installers' dialogue from an installer build specification:

2016-03-01_10-12-24.png

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,158 Views)