From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel

hi guys

i wanna read excel in labview

but when i set automation refnum,i cant find excel....

what's this problem?

Hope anyone help me !!!

thanks

excel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,147 Views)

You have to use Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library Version 1.7 (version may be different on your PC)

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,130 Views)

but i dont have microsoft excel 14.0 Object Library Version 1.7 too...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,125 Views)

You can try to repair the Office installation. If you have the Starter version you cannot use ActiveX to control it. You can also try to find the library on the MSDN web site and install it, check what is the recommended library version for your Office version.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,116 Views)

ok

but what should i look for file in msdn?

if i want to repair my office

can u give me it's name?

thanks u reply me

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,113 Views)
  • What version of Windows are you running?
  • What version of Microsoft Office are you running?
  • What version of LabVIEW are you running?
  • Are you running Student, Full, or Professional Version of LabVIEW?
  • Do you really want to read .xls or .xlsx files, or are you trying to read what LabVIEW calls Spreadsheet Files (.csv format)?

You seem to be doing something slightly non-standard ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,091 Views)

oh sorry this is my bad!!

my windows version is win10

my office version is 2013

my labview version is 2015 and it is student's version

and i  wanna read excel's xls file.

ps:I just want to practice how to read excel in labview.

And thanks you for your reply 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,085 Views)

With the Student Edition of LabVIEW 2015, you do not get access to the Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office, which offers NI's "hooks" into Excel and Word.  There are other toolkits you can purchase, but if your goal is to "practice how to read Excel in LabVIEW", you may be in for either purchasing additional software or spending a lot of effort that may detract from the experience of learning and working with LabVIEW.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,064 Views)

omg  so i wanna practice it

i must to buy else tookit...

ok i try to read txt file  to finish my practice...

thanks u for ur reply~~~

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,063 Views)

If you want "Spreadsheet Lite", try LabVIEW's Read/Write Delimited Spreadsheet functions.  These write Comma-Separated Variable Files (with extension .csv), files that typically show an "Excel-like" icon, as Excel knows how to read and write this particular form of pure text file.

The idea of reading/writing Excel ("true" Excel) is getting your data organized in row/column format, and deciding whether or not you want row and/or column headers.  You can do exactly the same thing with the Delimited Spreadsheet functions (they are found on the File I/O Palette in LabVIEW 2015, possibly the first two functions).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,045 Views)