LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel includes file issues

I have been working on an application for some time and released various version to my client. I built this using LB2010, however I do have 2011 installed and one day recently I mistakenly opened it in 2011 and subsequently saved it in 2011 too, the build that the client received was therefore 2011 unbeknown to me. This didn’t appear to have any issues on my application software until he noticed that the excel log wasn’t loading. Straight away I realised this would be due to the NIReport.llb, LVClass, and _Excel Dynamic VIs.VI which were included in the project file would still be the files from LB 2010, not 2011. So I removed these three files, and included the ones for 2011 since that was what I was not working with. It basically complained about a load of files already exists in the project. Im not sure how or why though as I thought I deleted all the 2010 inlcude files.

I have attached three images, image one shows the structure before the issues showing eth three includes. Pic 2 shows a warning I get after I dlet all three, and tray to add either NIReport.llb or LVClass folders from 2011 version. Then pic 3 shows the project dir after I have OKd the last message, it created a “utility” folder rather than “NIReport.llb”

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong and how to correct this? Ive also tried to save the entire application back fro 2010 but it complains about the excel part of it not being able to be backward saved! I feel like im stuck in an infinite loop of doom!

Any help much appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,782 Views)

Did you try to add as an autopopulating folder instead of a virtual folder (snapshot)?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,761 Views)

All of those DAQmx files and excel files should not be added to the project directly by you.  When you use any of these functions in a VI, they are automatically added to the project as dependencies.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,760 Views)

@aputman wrote:

All of those DAQmx files and excel files should not be added to the project directly by you.  When you use any of these functions in a VI, they are automatically added to the project as dependencies.

If you do a build, you have to do the "Always Include" on the Report Generation Toolkit VIs since they are actually dynamically called (well, the classes are anyways).  You would have to dig into the library to see it.  Therefore the RGT VIs do need to be in the project.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,749 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@aputman wrote:

If you do a build, you have to do the "Always Include" on the Report Generation Toolkit VIs since they are actually dynamically called (well, the classes are anyways).  You would have to dig into the library to see it.  Therefore the RGT VIs do need to be in the project.

Is that a 2010 issue?  I use RGT VIs in a project and do not "Always Include" them.  They are visible in the Dependencies tree however.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,742 Views)

Well auto populating didn’t throw any warnings. But still the folder added in as “utility” however I have just realised within the utility folder is indeed the folders I require to “always include” so it looks like I can go ahead and add these. Maybe just a different way from 2010 to 2011 that confused me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,726 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,725 Views)

also just realsied i was being dumb! you need to actually physically enter the fodler you wnt to add in, " LVclass" for example, i just highlighted it then chose "use current fodler" tehrefore it was addings its parent, which was indeed the "utility" ....

blonde moment! sorry 😞

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,718 Views)