From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel graphs input parameter invalid?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am not very familliar with the intricacies of using the Excel-specific report generation VIs, so maybe I am missing a glaring error here, but I have three separate graphs that I would like to add to a single excel file, each on a separate sheet. I can generate the data and record a single graph just fine, but for some reason when I have three going at once, an error appears like this one (three times)

error.png

I used highlight execution to find when the program stops and it appears to be in the first excel VI in my scatterplot subVI, but I don't understand why the input parameter can be invalid when it works with only one graph. 

Here is what my scatterplot subVI looks like, and I have also included a .zip of my whole project. 

scatterplot.png

Thank you in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,111 Views)

Hi,

Some more information: 

• The error is generated in the first subVI of my scatterplot SubVI (Excel Easy Graph)
  • The graphs generated for a single chart were correct
  • The data displayed on the three charts on the front panel are correct

Thanks again for help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,072 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author try_guy90

Hello,

I think the error might be due to the same report reference being used and closed multiple times. The Scatterplot subVI closes the same reference three time and so does the main VI. Try having the subVIs run one after another and close the reference at the very end. 

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(3,068 Views)

Thank you! that seemed to fix the problem. I used a sequence structure to force the order and closed the reference at the end. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,065 Views)