From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel export

Solved!
Go to solution

How can I export in excel the date and time from the following blocks

1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,893 Views)

You need to have the Report Generation toolkit for MS Office or you need to use the ActiveX functions [Properties & Methods] for Excel.

See the Excel thread in the Breakpoint forums.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,887 Views)
I don;t have that toolkit but...when I was looking for it I found some guys saying that .txt files can be used... For me txt will be also very good because there are some people that are going to use my application that might not have office... so... how about .txt files? What do I need for that?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,881 Views)

Hi snuk,

you can use the "Write to spreadsheet file" function. Before using this, you can transform your data time to string. Use the "Format Date/Time String" function for it.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,878 Views)

1.JPG

ok but...it just ask me every time for a new file... I have a motion sensor connected to that True wire so... I want the notepad file to continuously update!

like a STATUS LOG FILE.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,864 Views)

Hi snuk,

you have to select a path in your path control. It should be a path to a file. Connect a true to the "append to file" input.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,861 Views)

Just a try. I tried to create a excel file and write this timestamp data using "write to text file". And it is creating.

form.PNG

Message 7 of 20
(3,858 Views)
form2.PNG
Message 8 of 20
(3,855 Views)

I don;t have that toolkit but...when I was looking for it I found some guys saying that .txt files can be used... For me txt will be also very good because there are some people that are going to use my application that might not have office... so... how about .txt files? What do I need for that?
Just replace the .xls to .txt. But remember each time the loop executes a file will be created. You have been warned.

Use a append function to write the data instead.

Message 9 of 20
(3,853 Views)
I've created my own exemple and then your exemple as you've done it... isn't there a posibility to make it get to the next row in the SAME FILE? 😄 just a question... it's good as it is but...just wondering!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,849 Views)