LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel and word application in automation open vi

I cann't find excel_application and word_excel application in my activeX class. I have correctly installed Microsoft office 2013, and when I searched on the internet, it said that RGT should be installed. I want to know where the problem lies,RGT problem or others. when I used my roommate's computer, I can find Microsoft excel 15.0 Object

Library and exel_appliction. He didn't install RGT. What's wrong with my copmuter. Waiting for your reply! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,562 Views)

I happen to have the RGT installed, but see what happens when you do the following:

1. Open the Connectivity Palette and find the ActiveX folder.  Open it and drop an Automation Open function on your Block Diagram.
  2. Right-click the top right connector and choose Browse.
  3. Search through the Type Libraries (there are many of them) looking for the ActiveX Class you need.

I'll confess that I just did this myself, but since I have no idea where to look, I'm not surprised I didn't find anything more specific for you.  But this might get you started ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,533 Views)

I know where to find the ActiveX class, the way like you said,but I cann't find the excel and  word application in activeX class. This is where my problems lies. Thank you anyway.

The picture below is a part of ActiveX class, but I cann't find Microsoft excel Library Object. Note:I have installed Microsoft office.

Bob_Schor 已写:

I happen to have the RGT installed, but see what happens when you do the following:

1. Open the Connectivity Palette and find the ActiveX folder.  Open it and drop an Automation Open function on your Block Diagram.
  2. Right-click the top right connector and choose Browse.
  3. Search through the Type Libraries (there are many of them) looking for the ActiveX Class you need.

I'll confess that I just did this myself, but since I have no idea where to look, I'm not surprised I didn't find anything more specific for you.  But this might get you started ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,504 Views)

If I remember correctly, when you install Office, you have to do an advanced install to install the ActiveX objects.  I may be mis-remembering or confusing it with something else but it's worth a shot. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,482 Views)

Is this possibly what you mean?  This is my Work PC, running Windows 7 x64 with Office 2010, pretty vanilla install (as I recall).  Note that to see _Application, I had to uncheck "Show Creatable Objects Only".

ActiveX Objects.pngBob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,470 Views)

Yes, It is what I mean. But in my computer,threre isn't.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,444 Views)

I have tried and didn't find the solution. I don't know what I should install for my computer, ActiveX for the operating system or ActiveX for the word and excel. Meanwhile, I tried to configure my word with ActiveX, but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,443 Views)

At this point, I believe this is a Microsoft/Office/Windows question.  If you figure it out, please come back here and provide the Solution (give yourself the credit, unless someone else posts it first) as it will help others with similar questions to "find the answer".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,420 Views)

Ok, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,411 Views)

For Windows 7, go to Control Panels -> Programs and Features.  Find the Microsoft Office entry and click Change to add new features.  Make sure that all of the features are set to "Run From My Computer".  I don't know if ActiveX is installed by default but there are other programmers tools that are not installed by default.  So my solution is to just install everything.  Smiley Wink

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,394 Views)