LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

examples for labview having sub vis

I am making some examples for labview adding to labview example directory (..\LabVIEW xxxx\examples\my own examples).

My examples contains some sub vis. As i copy example files and sub vis to (..\LabVIEW xxxx\examples\my own examples) then i see all files in example finder example files and sub vis. Is there any method that doesnot show sub vis in wxample finder. I will be very thank full to you NI. Sorry if i am duplicating post.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,345 Views)

Are you referring to browsing by Task or browsing by Directory Structure?

exfind.png

If you're referring to "Task", then you should be using the Tools > Prepare Example VIs for NI Example Finder tool to tag only your top-level examples for the Example Finder. But if you're browsing by Directory Structure, then there is no way to hide your subVIs in Example Finder.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,307 Views)

Darren

Thank you for reply. Now i am using Tools > Prepare Example VIs for NI Example Finder but is it possible to add browse path of my own choice e.g My Own. As the given paths are fixed.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,265 Views)

Darren

There is one more question that i want to use these examples on other computers. I got some problem i have labview 2010. i made .bin3 file by using Tools > Prepare Example VIs for NI Example Finder when i transfer my examples with .bin3 file to another system it works fine in labview 2010, and if i copy all this to labview 2011 it doesnot work properly as in labview 2010 (key words, browse path, not visible in task folder). Is this .bin3 file is version fixed? Thanx for your time and intrest.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,246 Views)

There is currently no way to create your own browse paths.

As for your version issues, I thought that if you placed your .bin file in [LabVIEW 20xx]\examples\exbins, it would show examples for that LabVIEW version. So if it works in [LabVIEW 2010]\examples\exbins, I would assume the same file would work in [LabVIEW 2011]\examples\exbins. I don't think you need to rebuild your .bin file for every LabVIEW version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,240 Views)

I have a couple of thoughts about your questions:

1) When browsing by Directory, yes you will see subVIs. A common practice is to put all your subVIs in a separate folder labeled 'subVIs'. That way they don't look mixed among your examples.

2) Darren is correct that the bin3 file format is the same for all versions of LabVIEW, and that the bin3 file you created for LV 2010 will work in 2011. Notice he mentioned to put your bin3 file in [LabVIEW 20xx]\examples\exbins. This is important for LabVIEW 2011 and beyond.  In LabVIEW 2010 and prior we would look anywhere in the examples folder for bin3 files.  To speed up the launch time of the NI Example Finder, starting in LabVIEW 2011, you must put your bin3 file in the \examples\exbins, instr.lib, or user.lib folder.  You can find this information if you click the Help button from within the Prepare Example VIs for NI Example Finder.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,226 Views)