From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

example code

Can you please help me in providing information regarding two tools used in the above example i.e

two inputs connected to daqmx -ai voltage  and   one output from Analog 1d dbl-data

because i was unable in finding these tools.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(771 Views)

The input is an array of Daqmx physical channel, you can r-click the input and Create constant to get one (or through quick drop e.g.) and drop it into an empty array.

The output you select by clicking the Polymorphic selector and choosing how you want to read the signals, in this case it's multiple channels, one sample (thus a 1D array with 1 element/channel).

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(769 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

daqmx multiple channels.png/Y

The picture above is actually executable code!  (Actually, I'm not sure that the quoted picture is, but the original definitely is.)  This is a "special" png file created when you select some code and the select "Create VI Snippet From Selection".  It contains code in the "meta-data" portion of the png file that LabVIEW can use to reconstruct (more or less faithfully) the original code.  Save the file to your hard drive, then drag and drop it onto a LabVIEW block diagram.

To learn more about what anything on the block diagram - or the front panel, for that matter - click on the [?] in the top right corner of your block diagram/front panel.  This enables "context help".  Now, when you mouse over something, a little window pops up giving you a general idea of what the node does.  Most of the time, there is a link called "Detailed Help".  Clicking on that link gives you an in-depth look at that node.  Being a beginner, a lot of what is there will not mean much to you, but at least you will learn enough about it to ask meaningful questions.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(760 Views)

@PARULP wrote:

As  you suggested that we should place the two sensors and known resistor in series   and then take measurements across each sensor  but  each sensor has its own circuit in which resistor is already used, so should  we use  different different resistors for each sensor circuit plus known resistance in series , is such kind of circuit be ok, or it would get difficult for measurements as we only want to get the response curve i.e voltage and current  of sensors ,not as a whole circuit but as independent circuit  

That isn't a problem - so long as the resistor and the sensor are in series you can just measure the voltage drop across each of them and compare to get the resistance of the sensor. Then you can use whatever calibration data you have to determine the concentration of your gas, or whatever.

The two sensors being on the same or different circuits are fine if you can make differential measurements, but if you have to have all measurements referenced to the same point then you need to have them share some point. It's ok if they aren't all in series, if you have two resistors - you'll just need to make more measurements to get all of the necessary voltage drops than the 3 I mentioned in my description.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(753 Views)