LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

every value subtract of last value

Solved!
Go to solution

I gave up.  It was obvious that he was not capable of figuring out the simple solution based on my description.  I'm not sure whether this would be homework, but if it is, it is so simple that it can't be worth much.

Hopefully this will clue him in and give him a jump start.  Without taking the time to do the tutorials, he won't get very far beyond this.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(779 Views)

I am just beginner, I registered on today.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(769 Views)

That's why it is  important to take the tutorials.  Get a basic knowledge of LabVIEW.  Then when you are stuck, log on and ask questions.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(766 Views)

@JohnP2356 wrote:

I am just beginner, I registered on today.

Everyone starts somewhere.  Just be sure you actually understand how Raven's Fan's code works.  Open a new VI and reproduce it without looking at the original, add new shift registers, see how you can easily make an array of ALL the values coming out of the loop by auto-indexing.  LabVIEW has many great tricks that are easy to learn.  Go through the tutorials and play around.  Just remember that LabVIEW is like every other programming language, although it has the tools to create amazing code, it's up to you as the programmer to use those tools wisely and efficiently.  LabVIEW makes it very tempting to just start dropping blocks and wires down without taking time to plan thing out (the Code & Fix Paradigm) but it's always better to spend a few minutes planning what you want to do and choosing the right tools to do it.  Trust me on this, I'm still supporting a ton of code that was rushed through instead of thought through and it sucks.  Smiley Sad

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(735 Views)