LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure in RT project

Hello.

In my main VI i have an event structure for few buttons. When I run the VI itself it works perfect.

When I open a new project, adding cRIO 9074 as a target, then adding the VI to the project the buttons doesn't respond. The event structure doesn't work.

Why? Is there any problem using event structure with RT targets?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,912 Views)

Here is a little example:

event.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,910 Views)

Tacchi,

Front panel events do not work on RT targets.  Only dynamic events are allowed on RT.  The reason for this is that when a VI is running on RT, its front panel doesn't actually exist.  See this KnowledgeBase for more info:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/42B70D2D0C4B568586256E2F0051441D

Chris M 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,888 Views)

Hello.

I  allready have read that.

So i tried to use dynamic events but it did work at all.

Maybe someone can show me a simple example, because all of the LV examples are pretty complicated.

Let's say i want a button that turn on a led when pressed, and off else.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,872 Views)

Tacchi,

I'm going to have to side with CMal on this. Since the events being watched by an Event Structure are ultimately generated by the user interface, and the Front Panel is not downloaded to the Real Time target, you will not be able to use an Event Structure.

In this case, you may consider creating a second VI that can communicate to your RT VI through shared variables instead of using Front Panel or User Interface controls in the RT VI.

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,843 Views)