LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure and handles

This is with respect to Labview 6.1. I have a large application that has a slow handle leak. As the vi executes, I watch the Task Manager Handles go up, slowly, by 1. I've been able to trace this handle incrementing to an event structure in the code. As a little experiment I reduplicated the problem by putting an empty event structure in a while loop that runs once each time I click the vi's run button. With each click of the run button the Task Manager's Labview handles increments by one. Is there a way to get around this? In this particular case I do not have the option of upgrading LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,162 Views)

Hi Jim,

I tried this in newer editions of LabVIEW and did not see the same behavior.  Since upgrading is not an option, then we may have to take  a look at the code itself.  I'm curious to know why you are calling this event structure so many times that this is an issue--it doesn't seem like 1KB of memory every time an event structure is called should be all that terrible.  Also, do you see the same performance when the event structure actually fires and returns for another loop iteration, instead of just running the VI itself multiple times?  

What all is in your test event structure?  Are you just using the timeout input to execute the event?  Or do you have some sort of reference generated within the loop that may be causing problems?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,121 Views)