From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event pass to subpanel

Hello

I know there is a lot written in the forum about this topic. My problem is that I would create a subpanel in a event. In the subpanel vi there should run a serial link continuously. For a application writer this is looking as I would create new thread. Main vi is still running. If I would do this without subpanel the event handler will be blocked. Of course it would be possible to let it run outside the event handler. But then the whole vi will start to be very confusing. Once I had six loops parallel. So a nice solution would be that I can pass event happened in main.vi to the subpanel to steered. In my case I just need the stoop command. Is there a nice way that I can detect events depending of different controls and pass them to subpanel. With a reference?? With global variable it could work and also with a user event but I don't like to write some code for every control in main vi that I'm able to pass it over.

Kind regards Reto

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,344 Views)

Hi Reto,

Since you already have the reference to the subpanel vi, why won't you use vi server for passing the datas?

Just use the subpanel vi reference and connect it to a propertynode,choose Fronpanel,  which gives you the reference to the FP back, then access the FP Property "Controls[]" and use these references to pass datas(with the value property).

For me this would be the easiest way.

I hope it helps!

Evrem

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,299 Views)