LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

establishing remote connection with 3d objects

i created a 3d image using 3d objects in labview2013(32-bit) . when i establish a remote connection between 2 computers on internet such that vi on my pc can be remotely controlled on the other pc. i am successful in establishing this connection but my 3d image is not visible on the other pc. also when i web publish the vi then also 3d picture is not visible.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,940 Views)

when i establish a remote connection between two computers on labview2013(32-bit)  the 3d object is not visible on the client's pc. please suggest the solution

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,882 Views)

I've moved this post to the other message thread where you pretty much asked the same question.

Please don't create duplicate threads for the same question.  The other thread is older  (now this one), and it looks like you haven't had any responses.  Usually that means it slipped out of the first few pages of recent threads, probably becasue there wasn't enough information.  Just post a reply to the original thread adding a bit of information and it will bring it to the front again.

The problem with your two messages is that they don't have any information.  What 3d object are you talking about?  Try posting a sample VI that demonstrates the problem you are having.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,842 Views)

The old 3D picture ( ComponentWorks version) was an ActiveX object....

If CW was not installed on teh viewing machine I would expect issues.

This thread may touch on more of this if you are talking about the CW version.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Insert-3D-Graph-in-a-PowerPoint-presentation/m-p/208006#M117852

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,831 Views)

Hmm, I would actually expect trouble for both 3D controls over remote panel connection. For the CW variant the installation of the  CW ActiveX control is likely not enough as the interaction between the two ActiveX controls would need to be somehow remote operation too, which I don't think the CW controls can do, and even if they could they would likely miss the necessary context from the embedding LabVIEW runtime to do so.

The modern 3D control is based on OpenGL which is another problem. Here too, would need to be some sort of remote synchronization on OpenGL level too, which it isn't really designed to do and if it would support it, setting it up to be allowed to do so would be a seperate issue outside of LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,802 Views)

I agree that OpenGL might be the issue. Solution could be to render the 3D picture control to a 2D picture using the "Render to Image" method and use the 2D picture for the remote operation.

See below.

Example_VI_BD.png

Join the 3D Vision group if you are interested!

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,783 Views)

The OpenGL 3D picture is just a picture (or at lest in the Beta version it was).

What would be be lost is the ability to interact with the 3D image to zoom drag etc.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,756 Views)

The problem might not be exactly OpenGL but I know that the 3D picture controls use GPU processing and in some cases, and it happened to me that the image did not show up when the 3D picture control is remotely monitored. Rendering to an image did work but it was some times ago.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,744 Views)

So, if we use the other way , that is, first create the 3d model in cad software and then import the model in labview and then establish remote connection. Will the problem be solved using this method??

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,710 Views)

Depends what you mean with "this method" and what you consider a solution.

If you mean displaying the contents of the 3D control as an image in a picture control and don't mind that this will be a static image which wouldn't automatically mirror dynamic changes in the 3D control, then yes.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,698 Views)