From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

establishing remote connection with 3d objects

I dont want the image to be static. Its like i have ceated a 3d model on labview whose rotations are presently controlled by angles. So I want that the model should be  visible and dynamically controlled on the client's side when remote connection is established. So please help me out with this thing. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(714 Views)

I still don't have much information about your problem but I know that 3D picture controls don't behave just like regular 2D pictures. If you use the approach I proposed earlier, the image does not have to be static but you have to manage the controls. This is something I have done in the past. I quickly reproduced it in the attached VI (and see image below).

The code section unseen in the image below is just the creation of a 3D object. Not having enough information about your problem, I don't expect this VI to be your solution but now you have an idea how to implement the "remote 2D picture" approach. An approach could be that the 2 loops would be in different VI's and they could communicate using  queues, user events (as shown) or TCP/IP, UDP, streams, shared variables, etc.

You can also be more creative with the control. For example, you can convert the X, Y, Z controls into a pan and tilt and zoom. It would require a little bit of math though.

Also notice that if you move the 3D object in the 3D picture control, it is reproduced in the 2D picture.

Remote_3Dpict_BD.png

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(705 Views)