From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

establish a VI to trigger data acquisition when certain conditions are met

What is the oscilloscope model? Tektronix what? Give some more spec please.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,174 Views)

for time , I want carried out measurements on two hours about my current problem

is to make a record each time a click  appears and then have a report of all these clicks 

Here is a more complete example of the kind of app that I want :: 

https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/applications/click-rate-analyzer-for-emi-test-receivers-r-s-esu-r-s-es...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(1,172 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

What is the oscilloscope model? Tektronix what? Give some more spec please.

Did you read it? What is the model you use? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(1,169 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(1,167 Views)

Still kind of blurry, so I can just offer some general advice, since I'm working on something similar. From the looks of it, it seems like you're measuring all the time, and want to save data to a non-volatile log when a certain event occurs, so your best bet is a polling producer-consumer architecture and a FIFO style buffer. Basically you store data in whatever size you need for your purposes (for example, last 10,000 samples) in an array, cluster or whatever, then when the event occurs, you save that buffer to a report.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(1,161 Views)

There is a LabVIEW driver for this oscilloscope. First I would install this driver. Do it in this way:

1. Open LabVIEW
  2. Go to "Help" --> "Find Instrument drivers..."
  3. Log in with your NI credentials
  4. Select Tektronix as "manufacturer"
  5. Type in the field "additional keywords": TDS3052 
  6. Install the driver

edit: After your driver is installed, have a look what kind of DAQ options are available. Also have a look at the previous post from Daikataro, it gives you a possible way how to deal with the incoming data. You should have a Producer and a Consumer while loop. You enqueue the data arrays in the Producer, and then Examine the data in the Consumer loop. If you find a pattern, you can save the data to file.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,157 Views)
 YES Exactly, that is Some Kind What I want how to do ???
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,153 Views)

DAIKATARO , YES Exactly, that is Some Kind What I want

how to do ???

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,149 Views)

Check this example on producer-consumer architecture, pretty well explained and it can help you. 

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2145

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,142 Views)

What you want to do is not really a basic LabVIEW programming. At least you should learn first the basics. The other way is to pay a programmer or if you are lucky, someone will program it for you 🙂

edit: is this a school project?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,140 Views)