From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

errors -200329 and -200077

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on an odd problem I am having with an old vi.  I've attached an image of the aquisition element of the program.  The program aquires continuously from 32 thermocouples and two pressure gauges (analogue voltages).  Basically it was working great until the time I had to add an extra channel for a new differential pressure gauge (analogue voltage output).  It had a custom scale so I created a new virtual channel as I had done with the other channels.  Now when the vi is run, it seems to work roughly 30% of the time, whilst the others show either nothing at all or incorrect readings from the channels.  Highlight execution shows an error -200077 or -200329 from the 'start task'.  The errors read this:

Error -200329 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

An error has occurred while attempting to configure the device for an analog input acquisition.

If an external master timebase is being used, make sure the source is connected and generating an appropriate clock. Otherwise, contact National Instruments Technical Support.

Error -200077 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

I am using Labview 7.1 with a SCXI-1600.  It has two slots: SCXI-1520 (where the problematic task is configured) and SCXI-1102 (for 32-thermocouples).  I would really appreciate any advice that anyone could offer on this subject, I've sort of hit a dead end.

Many thanks

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,482 Views)
Message 2 of 7
(3,476 Views)

Also see this knowledge base article.

Also the search returns a lot of thread related to this error.

Message 3 of 7
(3,474 Views)

Hey Ipaza,

I'm basically just regurgitating the main points from the links that muks has kindly posted.

1) Try and update to the latest driver for DAQmx as this error can be thrown up when acquiring from more than 2 thermocouples. (error -200329)

2) Test your acquisition card using the following link to ensure that your clock is functioning properly. http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/MainPage?ReadForm&node=132010_US (error -200077)

3) Ensure that your clock is connected properly. (error -200077)

Hope this helps.

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
Message 4 of 7
(3,433 Views)

Thank you all for your help.  I will follow your advice and let you know if it works out!

Many thanks

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,431 Views)

Thank you all for your help.  I will follow your advice and let you know if it works out!

Many thanks

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,431 Views)

Guys,

turned out that the problem was due to running it continuously which it was not designed to do and aborting execution before a 10 second average was calculated and then running the program again...  As usual the problem was down to dodgy programming but was difficult to identify!  Thanks again for all the help.

Luke 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,412 Views)