LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while using epoc (emotiv)

Hi, I'm trying to acquire EEG signals using EPOC. Every time I run my VI, I always get this error... Error 1282 occurred at Emotiv Error: Proxy error. Unable to establish a connection.

Can anyone help me? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,031 Views)

Hello,

It seems that one of the Emotiv VIs causes an error.

Is there no input and no error in/out in thoses functions?

Which VI causes the error in your diagram? Did you look for examples ou did you try to look into the sub-VI?

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,009 Views)

The error seems to appear in the "Start Task" sub-vi ... if i press continue, it says;

"Error 1280 occurred at Emotiv Error: EmoEngine uninitialized. Call EE_EngineConnect or EE_EngineRemoteConnect.

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (1280) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x00000500)."

I really don't know how to fix this... I can't make any signal aquisition with the headset...

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,997 Views)

Hello,

Did you find where in the sub-VI the error occurs? Is it the DLL call which causes the error?

Is the DLL located on your system by the sub-VI?

Here some links which could help you by following step-by-step the procedure :

LabVIEW Emotiv Toolkit

Emotiv Example for reading

Regards

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,991 Views)

Hi, 

It works now but only once... if I stop the VI, the next time I run it, the error appears again...I have to close LabVIEW

The error occurs on the Start Task sub Vi... on the EE_EngineRemoteConnect...

I think the .dll file is ok.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,983 Views)

Hello,

What is the error now? Is there a function which disconnects or something similar?

Do the Stop function (the last function) runs without error?

What did you change in order to make it work at least one?

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,976 Views)

Hello ss27,

Probably your problem is that you are starting a Task (Emotiv Start Task.vi) and forgetting to stop it at the end (Emotiv Stop Task.vi).

Try something, as you say, at the first time you run the program it works, but if you stop it and run again it doesn't, right?
So, wihout chaging the code you have right now, if you run the program (and it works because it's your first run) then restart EmoComposer (or EmoEngine or Control Panel) and run the same program again it will probably works.

What I think that's happenning is that, when you run the program again without restart EmoComposer or without using the Emotiv Stop Task.vi, the connection with the Hardware still active and that's why your Emotiv Start Task.vi returns an error, it can't overlay a task using the same hardware (or simulator).

To fix it, just put a Emotiv Stop Task at the end of you program.

I hope it helps,

Matt.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,942 Views)

Hi there,

I got the same error as Ss27 got at the beginning: error 1282: Emotiv Error: Proxy error: Unable to establish a connection.

I am interested in how you solved the problem?

I think the error is located in the subVI Emotiv Start Task. The .dll file I chose from the Emotiv folder on y computer.

Probably it is just a little stupid error, but I have no idea how to solve it.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,499 Views)

I had the same error. but it worked later with me.

I tried different steps at once on the emotiv headset example VI that come with the tool kit and they worked

- first I went to the startTask Vi and run it.

- I restarted the example Vi

- I restarted the EmotivXaviar control panel and opened the Emocomposer from the menu

Actually this thread was very helpful for me to understand the causes, many thanks for the users who answered this problem

Message 9 of 9
(3,162 Views)