From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error popping up even after VI stopped

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

i am running to LabVIEW code, which is already developed. A error window is popping up "VCAN Error: 75" after pressing Quit/stop button in that VI. even after the clicking the OK/cancel buttons, the error pop up is reappearing. i observed that the vi which i have run before is already stopped.

So, every time i need to kill the process in the task manager to get rid of the error pop up.

could you please suggest what might be the reason behind this.

phani srikanth
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,561 Views)

You will have to look at the block diagram and see where the error is being generated.  It is hard to guess what is happening with no code to look at.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,540 Views)

i know that it is difficult. but my question is , is there any chance to get a popup (continues) even after the vi is stopped? i believe that the popup is user defined, but not sure.

phani srikanth
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,534 Views)

Maybe?  You are not giving us much information.  You say an error pops up with a message  "VCAN Error: 75".  Is that the complete message in the pop up?  Is it a LabVIEW pop up or is it being generated by a different program on your machine?  If the programmer has multiple error handler VI's when the main loop stops it could generate multiple error message pop ups.  Or it could be a totally different program.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,525 Views)

Does the VI actually stop? It is well possible that pressing the stop button (or even the [X] in the upper right corner) will trigger some cleanup code instead. There is no way to tell without inspecting the code.

In any case, it seems like sloppy programming and would need to be corrected in the code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,519 Views)

_Bryan

Yes, that is the complete message. its a labview popup. i have attache the error popup screen shot. i am not running any other labview program in that machine. that is the only one vi in the project is running.

in multiple error handler case is it possible that popup occurs even after the vi stops?

phani srikanth
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,511 Views)

yes, vi got stopped. here is the screen shot for the scenario. (vi got stopped and even after pressing the ok/cancel  the pop up is reappearing.

sorry i could not provide the code as it is confidential.

phani srikanth
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,506 Views)

If you are not able to post the code you will have to troubleshoot the code yourself or talk to the original programmer.  I do not have the time to ask you every question I can think of to try and troubleshoot code I am not able to look at.  Besides, I am supposed to be working Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,494 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PhaniChillara

I think I wrote that code. 😞

Look at the VCAN producer loops which are dynamically launched.

Cross reference with the ValueCAN API to figure out what Error 75 actually is.

Then decide whether you want to silence the error or deal with it.

Probably should have a more graceful exit on ValueCAN errors in that program as well.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,493 Views)

🙂  Thanks Taki1999. i will try

phani srikanth
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,482 Views)