LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error niLvFpga_Open_cRIO-9073.vi

Hey everyone,

I´m kind of new here and on the Labview platform.

I have a existing project where i had to add a scale over the NI9870 serial module and i decided to use the cRio-9073 in Hybrid mode.

Everything worked quite well till one point i got this error in my main VI: niLvFpga_Open_cRIO-9073.vi

I have no idea where it comes from and what to do please help.

I already deployed and rebulild everything on the target.

I´m working with a bitfile for the FPGA target and the other modules besides the 9870.

The projekt is still in developing mode on the developing maschine.

Thank you,

Conrad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,020 Views)

Hi Conrad,

did you check the FPGA VI Open Reference VI is linked to the correct VI, so the bitfile can be loaded correctly?

Best regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,968 Views)

Hey Melanie,

Yes I already Rebuild the Bitfile several times. Just now I rebuild the bitfile deployed everything again and run my VI.

The first time I got a normal error about one of my driver subway VI after the second run I again got this weird niLvFpga_Open_cRIO-9073.vi error.

Last thing i tried was including the niLvFpga_Open_cRIO-9073.vi to the FPGA Target and it again was running for one time getting me an error of one of my drivers and in the second run this error again.

What else could be wrong?

Please help.

Thank you,

Conrad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,958 Views)

Hi Conrad,

what error message did you get at the first run?

Best regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,935 Views)

Hey Melanie,

It ist a error about the scale im tying to implement.

It is a Kern scale and I try to implement it over RS232 and the NI-9870 Serial Modul. In the opening VI of the driver they ask for a property called device name. So the error out was "Property name".

But I don´t know the exact string to put in ther so it is kind of ok that there is an issue. But even with deleting all scale driver related stuff I still get my niLvFpga_Open_cRIO-9073.vi error.

It is quite a big projekt and I don´t realy want do rebuild everything, so how big of a deal could it be that I switched into Hybrid Mode in an existing project.

What kind of other data could I provide to make troubleshooting easier?

Thank you,

Conrad
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,919 Views)

You said you don't know where the error is thrown.  Have you started by trying to narrow down where it shows up so you can find which call is the issue?

Once you figure that out, it'll be easier to figure out why it isn't happy.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,911 Views)

Hi together,

natasftw suggestion would be my next step to troubleshoot this, too. So, Conrad, can you please try to narrow down this issue to a function or a piece of code from your program?

If you identified the piece of code, please let us know about it and how the issue comes up.

Best regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,898 Views)

Hey Melanie

I got this error massage right out of the FPGA vi reference as you can see on the screenshot.

Error -61201 occurred at niLvFpga_Open_cRIO-9073.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW FPGA:  The chassis is in Scan Interface programming mode. In order to run FPGA VIs, you must go to the chassis properties page, select FPGA programming mode, and deploy the settings.

Behind the VI reference is a bitfile created from the main FPGA VI wich is linked to it. Its not set up to run the VI and the Dynamic mode is switched on.

Thank you,

Conrad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,871 Views)

This is how the Project looks like right now.

FPTA RT Rev4.vi is the main VI shown in the screenshot above.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,856 Views)

Hi Conrad,

can you please try the last three steps is the following link and deploy the FPGA setting to the chassis.

Best regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,844 Views)