LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message file not found

Hi there,

I get some error message while running my vi.

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

Has anyone know what the problem?I  have check my file path and it is correct.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,276 Views)

Hi gdah,

what do you make in your vi? Which function do you use? How do you check the file path? Use the "Not a path" function to see how LabVIEW interpret your path.

Mike

Message 2 of 16
(3,273 Views)
Which vi is throwing up this error.Can you attach a screen shot to show where the error is getting propogated?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,270 Views)

I am getting this same error message...I get it when I call any of the GPIB functions -> GPIB Write, GPIB Read, etc.

I also got this error the first time I used the "Open File+.vi" on a new install, but the SubVI only needed to be relinked - problem solved. The only problem here is, these are GPIB functions, not VIs, so there is no relinking option.

I tried a Mass Compile of the vi.lib and the instr.lib directories, assuming that these functions resided somewhere in there. No success.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,111 Views)

Error 7 for GPIB has nothing to do with your Open File problem or solution.

What kind of GPIB card are you using and what driver version do you have installed. Is the card listed in MAX and did it pass all of the diagnostics?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,106 Views)

What is Error 7?

I was simply stating that I incurred this error twice. Once was the first time I called "Open File+.vi" - I was able to find this vi, open it, and and run the top level vi just fine - it just needed to be relinked.

The GPIB issue is something I am confused about, but yes, obviously not the same problem, since these are not VIs, they are functions.

I am using an Agilent 82357B USB to GPIB adapter, and I can see my instruments in MAX just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,102 Views)
maybe if you can post an example of the problem you are having we can help you?
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,100 Views)
You get an explanation of an error if you have automatic error handling turned on or if you have an error indicator, you simply right click and select ' Explain error'. Error 7 is 'Nonexistent GPIB interface' and with an Agilent controller, that is true. You cannot use the low level GPIB functions with an Agilent device.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,094 Views)

I am trying to write drivers for instrumentation, and the very first time I try to communicate at all via these GPIB functions, I see this error.

I experimented a little. It doesn't matter what I'm doing (reading, writing, etc.).

Obviously I am not familiar with this error, but it appears that the GPIB functions of can't be found on the hard drive, which begs the questions, how are they on the functions pallette then???

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,092 Views)

Interesting. There is no way around this??

I will have to rewite everything using VISA functions?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,089 Views)