LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in ni visa control out for usb in labview 2009

Hi,
I am using labview 2009 in which i have made a vi which communicates with a pic controller through USB interface.
the vi is working fine in labview 8.6. I tried it in two PCs. but when i run that vi in a PC with labview 2009 then the VISA CONTROL OUT.vi gives error "0xBFFF003E : Could not perform operation because of i o error.". while the control in.vi works fine in both the labview versions and any other PC that i tried.

I have run the application in total of 4 PCs with same set of cards/interfaces. two of them having labview 8.6 are running fine and giving no error but other two with labview 2009 are giving error.

and it doesn't stop here.... i searched in the vi and did some experiment and found that when i give Request value input to control out.vi as "0x36 "(as required by my PIC program) then it is giving error but when i give other value such as " 0x35 or 34 or 55"(used for other purpose) then it is not giving error.

Can it be a PIC programming problem? (i dont think so as everything is fine in other PC with LV 8.6)

I have already explored the ni forum for this error solution but could not find helpful.

Can anyone solve my problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,793 Views)

Just a quick question, what is "VISA control out.vi"? Is it a .vi you have made?

I can't find that as part of the VISA vi's.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,789 Views)
oh. sorry... it can be a mistake. it is VISA USB CONTROL OUT vi. it is a part of VISA USB vis. there are only three vis in this group.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,785 Views)

You are referring to VI that we have no knowledge of. "In.vi" is not a standard VI. Neither is "Out.vi". This sounds like you have some library you got from somewhere. Where did you get these VIs?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,779 Views)

smercurio_fc: They are part of Instrument I/O -> VISA -> Advanced -> Bus Specific -> VISA USB

I think they are standard, as I have not installed any special add-ons.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,775 Views)

Oh, those. Sorry, I didn't see the previous post - jumping around forums and computers this morning. Are you actually talking to the device in basically raw USB form? Have you configured the device in MAX the same way on all machines? Have you tried installing 8.6 on the machine that has 2009 to see if it starts working?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,771 Views)
yes it is showing the device in MAX as RAW device.

and it is configured on the same way in max on all machines.

i have not tried installing 8.6 in that machine. actually the machine having LV2009 has an upgraded version of LV8.6 that came from NI. can it create problem in installing LV 8.6 in that machine as both versions will use the same key.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,761 Views)
I installed labview 8.6 in that machine and made a small program with only 3 vis (visa open session, visa close session and visa usb control out.vi) which is working in LV 8.6 platform. (note : i have not still installed device drivers coming with LV 8.6 package, i am using the same device drivers with LV 2009).

I also got one problem after installing LV 8.6. as i told that the same key which was used for installing LV 2009 is used here for LV 8.6. but it is showing that 8.6 is in evaluation mode and not full ????
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,759 Views)
I installed labview 8.6 in that machine and made a small program with only 3 vis (visa open session, visa close session and visa usb control out.vi) which is working in LV 8.6 platform.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry the above statement is not correct actually.

When i run the program in LV 8.6 it giving that same error but this time it is not displayed as pop up window. so i could not judge that error was still there.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,752 Views)

This is a possible cause of out dated drivers. Please update your USB drivers which are required for LabVIEW 2009 VISA USB module.

Sahil Singla

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Regards,

Sahil Singla
Applications Engineer | National Instruments

(Give Kudos to good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,727 Views)