From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in database reading ! help needed please.

Solved!
Go to solution

My project involves monitoring of ovens.

The temperature from the oven are obtained using advantech ADAM module.

Each material enters the oven and an alert is given to take it out after the desired time inside the oven.

When i execute this program. an error pops up exactly 1 our after the start of the program.

Kindly help me.

I have attached the source code including the DB files and the error screen shot.

username: 123456

pass: 123456

Thank you ina advance.

Please help figure out the error.

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,347 Views)

Just looking at the error picture, it seems that you are opening the database multiple times and never close the connection.

You should either open the connection once or close the connection after each task.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,341 Views)

Also, please do not embed images inside of Word documents. Why do you need to put an image inside of a Word document? Simply attach the image directly. DO NOT POST BITMAPS.

Your code is IMPOSSIBLE to follow. Local variables EVERYWHERE. Global variables EVERYWHERE. Sequence structures EVERYWHERE. I have no idea where to even start to debug this, and I'm not even going to bother.

You need to do some reading on proper software architecture.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,330 Views)

The biggest problem in your code is architectural. You need to learn about a few things like event-driven programming. As but one example you have an administrative operations VI that would be much smaller and much more efficient if it were built around an event structure and not multiple case statements. Your main application uses sequence structures - which are never necessary. As I recall, the last sequence structure I used in deliverable code was in the spring of '88.

You also are not handling any of errors - which I suspect might be the source of your problem. It's possible that due to an error (which is going unreported) that a connection is being left open when you think it is being closed. But at this point that is just a guess.

Fix the structural problems and you'll then be able to troubleshoot your DB problem. Shoot, in the process of fixing the structural issues, you may fix the DB!

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,320 Views)

Dear 

Regards
Grugh Mike

Success is Everything !!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,304 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Grugh_Mike
No inconvenience. I do this because I like helping people and helping people learn. Must be genetic or something... My Grandmother was a schoolteacher, my mother taught music and now I teach LV.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 6 of 6
(2,298 Views)