LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error handling

Hi,
 I have an event case that handle many stacked sequences. How do I connect the error (if any) from any sequence out to "OR" with my Stop button (of the while loop) in case of an error occured ?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,768 Views)
Hi dphan,

what code have you already?

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,761 Views)

Connect your error( it is a cluster) wire to clusters>>'unbundle by name' function.

Choose the 'status' which is a boolean component and wire it to your 'OR' function

Look at attached pic

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,760 Views)

Hi Ton,

I'm using LV 7.0.

DPhan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,724 Views)
Hi Dev,
I tried the same logic already but I could only connect 1 error status out from 1 sequence frame. What if I want to connect each error status going tru each sequence frame and event case. The error that I had was multiple assignment to tunnel. See attached vi.
Thanks
Dan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,719 Views)
Here is the vi.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,718 Views)
A sequence structure is not t all like a case statement where you have a single exit tunnel for all cases. What you are attempting to do is the same thing as wiring four separate controls to a single indicator. That simplu doesn't work. I have no idea why you want to use a sequence structure in the first place. With proper error in/error out handling, it's simply not necessary. However, if you wanted to keep it, I would suggest a modification like the attached with sequence locals. I used a delay function to simulate some code that has error in/error out connections and I forced an error in one of the sequences. I moved the stop button to an event where it belongs and set the value (signaling) property if an error occurs. If the code in each sequence is done right, the first error should propagate through. If there is code you do not want to execute if an error condition exists, put a case statement around the code and wire the error in to the case selector. This will create 'Error' and 'No Error' cases.
Message 7 of 8
(2,707 Views)

Dennis,

Thank you for the modified version with the time delay. That was exactly what I wish to do. Thanks for your help.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,695 Views)