LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code on target machine.

I created a custom error code file on my development machine and included in my build.  Is there a way to access this custom error code file on my target??

I know the directory struct is different on the target and made the mistake of hard coding in the path on my devellopment machine.  What I'm trying to do is print out the custom error if and when the test encounters one.  I could create a custom error code.txt then look for the right error code then send it to the print...which is what I do on the development machine but how is it done on a target??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,258 Views)

If you create an error file in LV (Tools->Advanced->Edit Error Codes...) and then include the file you create in the project, you can connect that file to the executable in the application builder. Is this what you are talking about?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,255 Views)

kind of...doesn't the exe/build/installer/project ( on my development machine)  bundle all that data such that I don't have access to it??  If I included the custom error code in my build/installer what directory is it in on my target??  If I encounter an error on my target I want to print out that custom error.  How would you do that?  I don't know where the custom error file is on my target to point my print out vi to it so it can get that code ( after seaching the custom error code.txt file)

I edited/modified it on my develope so I knew where it was.  I then hard coded my path in my print out vi to that directory struct.  When I port my exe to my target that directory struct is no longer valid.

My question is can I use the custom error codes in my exe some how to print out the current error

OR

would I be better off porting over the custom error code.txt to a known directory on my target then hard coding it in on my developement machine...making both dir struct the same on develop and target

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,249 Views)

That's the beauty of using the error files, once built into an executable all your custom errors get handled and reported just like LV's built-in errors. Nothing to search for.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,244 Views)

Say custom error 8050 is "25 vdc power supply  is low." how do I print that out ??  send it to my test set printer?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,242 Views)

The same way you would a built-in error code. For example, in the error handler that NI created there's a subVI that given a number returns an error description. You can use that.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,240 Views)