LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code -13 when building installer

Hello,

I need some help! I am trying to create an installer for my application; which was created with no problems; but I keep getting a message about an error code -13. I'm adding an image of the message since it is a long one. I really don't understand what the error means or how to repair it. Any help I could get is appreciated!

error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,153 Views)
  • What is your LabVIEW version?
  • Does it tell you anything interesting if you click the [Why not found?] button?
  • What additional installers are you including?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,145 Views)

Hello rd.mcdt,

The following link has information about a similar problem, could you try to follow the process described on the link? Please look for error code 13 instead error code 30 and let us know if this helps.

Error 30 Occurred at CDK_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller When Trying To Build a LabVIEW Installer:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8E5E6C58C625B88A8625786A005B21E0

Best Regards

David P.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,108 Views)

I'm using LabVIEW 2012. If I click the Why not found? button the LabVIEW help opens in the Undefined Error Codes topic. I haven't included any additional installers since I haven't passed thru that message, it pops up when I go to "Build Specifications>>New>>Installer" I don't get to the properties window.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,078 Views)

I already tried that solution of Error 30, which seems similar to the one I have, but when I look for the _edit file, I noticed that it has a begin/end log date very old, i still looked for the error -13 but didn't find it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,074 Views)

@rd.mcdt wrote:

... it pops up when I go to "Build Specifications>>New>>Installer" I don't get to the properties window.

OK, that's different. From the thread title I thought the error occurred during building ("...when building installer"). Apparently you cannot even get the installer builder dialog..

Have you tried repairing the LabVIEW installation?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,065 Views)

Yes I did, and didn't solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,057 Views)