LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 10 at create folder

Solved!
Go to solution

And yes, you said something about keep both files and then create a new folder a1.

Then, in the case where 'Keep both' option is executed, see the iamge attached.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(575 Views)

To Freelance LV

Thankyou for your help, my problem has been solved for now and yes i will post the new query in new post and will look forward for your help and guidance in future also.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(570 Views)
  1. You should not be hard-coding paths (such as starting paths) in code. Provide a front panel control.
  2. Do not use string functions to build paths. Use the Build Path function, as these are platform-independent.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(549 Views)

To smercurio fc

Thankyou sir for your suggestion, as you said that there should not be any hard coding paths( by hard coding path ,do you mean the constant path i am giving) in code actually the starting path is constant in my code and after that different folder are created in that path.

and yes also in some earlier posts i had read this that i should not use string functions to build paths but since in my code i am having issue of error 10 which occurs if the folder is already present and the starting path is always constant so to avoid that error i am using string functions(it becomes very complicated when i am trying to use build path function instead of string) but i am trying to solve the problem and would definately replace string functions with the build path functions.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(532 Views)

@Ritu wrote:

To smercurio fc

Thankyou sir for your suggestion, as you said that there should not be any hard coding paths( by hard coding path ,do you mean the constant path i am giving) in code actually the starting path is constant in my code and after that different folder are created in that path.

Is it constant on another machine? What about if the operating system changes? What about if someone else wants to use it, and they want to save the data somewhere else?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(522 Views)

To smercurio fc

Yes sir, you are write, we didn't think upon this, Thankyou for the nice sugesstion, i will try to implement what you had said.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(519 Views)