From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error- Labview dataconnectivity toolkit with mysql.

Hi

I Installed mySql, Mysql connector odbc and also labVIEW-data connectivity toolkit and read this post- http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/47A8CF66D5E3C8CC8625720A006139D6..

but even after I followed the procedure, I am getting the following error:-

Error -2147467259 occurred at NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table.vi->Create DatabaseTable.vi

Possible reason(s):
ADO Error: 0x80004005
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.1.42-community]No database selected in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn Execute.vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Create Table.vi->Create DatabaseTable.vi

I was just trying to open a connection and close connection. But I am getting the error. Can anybody please help me out?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,270 Views)
Message 2 of 7
(9,246 Views)

muks wrote:
this should help

How, exactly? Is the user running Windows 7 64-bit and trying to use the 32-bit version of the ODBC program? Is the user actually getting the same error message (NO)? Muks, your contributions are many, but sometimes you post links which have no bearing on the subject. It's as if you're jost posting links for the sake of posting. This leads users down blind alleys, as they would have been in this case. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,126 Views)

Muks,

I have been battleing with his poblem for a while today and tha Win7 64 bit 32 bit situation was my problem so thanks for posting the link

Danny Thomson AshVire Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,472 Views)

I am getting the error on only 1 computer while all the others that don't show it are clones. If it were a 64-bit/32-bit issue, why don't the other 32-bit computers have the same error? Also, the error is happening in only 1 .VI while using the same database code as other .VIs that don't show the error. Narrowed down but there is still no explanation for the isolated error.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,164 Views)

Hi

I am getting the same error accessing a server odbc with a 64bit computer. How can I fix this problem? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,836 Views)

I ran into this error and found out you have to use "USE" to select which database you are trying to talk to.

USE documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/use.html

Here's some test code I wrote that adds happyTable if it doesn't already exist.

Create Happy Table.png

CLED (2016)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,493 Views)