From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 91 occurred at database variant to data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

This issue arose after I "solved" this problem earlier today: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=446931

Now, I get the above error message on every "DB Fetch Element" function...

Error 91 Database Variant To Data.GIF

I have the Polymorphic option off - as I have it set to Automatic...  The stored procedure in the above case is trying to Select a 0 or a 1, ala boolean values.  However, this is not the only point of failure.  In fact I get this error on every Fetch Element, using 4 data types: Boolean, String, I32, and DBL...

Error 91 DB Tools Fetch Element.GIF 

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?  I spose I will upload my VI, but you won't necessarily be able to see the data my SPROC is returning...

Thanks!

Dave 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,937 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dave_helmut

OK this problem occurred because the Stored Procedure was puking on my parameters input parameter, unbenouced to me until I stepped through the code...

The reason I was getting this error was I believe because I was receiving a NULL record set... 

After I fixed my parameter input problem, this all worked great. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,934 Views)