From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -88708

i feel that it would be very simple to generate a signal.  i tried to create one through DaqAssist and creating a virtual channal AO.  when initalizing, i keep getting error/// -88708:

DAQmx Create Channel (AO-Voltage-Basic).vi<append>
<B>Device: </B>Unknown Device

<B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<32>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,075 Views)

@bweiss90 wrote:

i feel that it would be very simple to generate a signal.  i tried to create one through DaqAssist and creating a virtual channal AO.  when initalizing, i keep getting error/// -88708:

DAQmx Create Channel (AO-Voltage-Basic).vi<append>
<B>Device: </B>Unknown Device

<B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<32>

I replied to the wrong post, but I'm interested in this anyway...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,060 Views)

Hello

I would like to know what is the aim of your vi. To generate a signal on an analog output channel? which device are you using?

could you post the vi you are working on? (in LV 2010 or earlier)

the error code you mentioned means that the device is not available. So, may be you are missing something in the code.

it would be simpler to debug the code and then provide any suggestions.

Also, try looking at the two links below:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-code-88708-with-DAQmx-Create-Channel-AI-Voltage-Basic/m-p/1179...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/What-is-error-887078/m-p/1331474/highlight/true#M542109

these two links deal with the same error code. So, read them through and see if they can help you out

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,041 Views)

solved it by resetting the compact rio and computer.  don't know why it freaked out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,004 Views)