From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 7 reading extra file?

I am reading LVM files that I created for a test sequence. If I have one LVM file! I get an error "looking for the next file that does not exist". I tried one file than I tried 6 files? The error is always looking for the next file. Did I not terminate the file properly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,152 Views)

Put an indicator for the filepath and have a look at the path that you are using.  I don't know how you are creating the path, and if it populates the path automatically.

From what I understand from your post, it appears that you are going to the next file which does not exist.  If that is the case, then you could verify if the file is valid and select the appropriate action using a Case Statement.

In other words:   The file open portion of the code would be in a Case Statement.  Ifthe path exists, then write to the file.  The function you will need isunder File IO > Advanced > Check if File or Folder Exists.vi

Message 2 of 3
(2,142 Views)
I found my problem. I had a extra folder in the same file directory. I cleaned out the file and put just one LVM file and the problem was resolved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,131 Views)