LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 7 - LabView

hello.

i have a problem. i'm using labview 2009 and i'm trying to capture a picture and then save it. till block of saving is everythink OK, but from block for saving i get this error 7 (file not found). Do i have to enable my path or what? I dont know where is the problem here, because in tools-->options-->path i add this path where i want that data save.

Please help me what i have to do, that i will save my data. i need this funcion for my project at work.

Matjaz

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,964 Views)

Hi rezi,

I dond find any issue with your code, and its working for me...

you are getting this error because of non existance of file path so check the file path you given.

also  for Linux OS the path separator should be different as mentioned in the error message.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,942 Views)

It works for me just fine.

But i have noticed one thing which might or might not be a problem - in fact in your error message, i don't see regular path, but rather path as under linux (i mean it uses C/Documents and Settings/ instead of C:\Documents and Settings). I know that path should be platform independent, but could you try to build the path as string in proper format as your platform accepts, and check how it looks like?

regards,

stefo

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,905 Views)

hei.

i tried to change \ with / and its still same. but then i tried to just load some picture from disk and i get error File I/O Error (Picture: ekran2.jpg). It is possible that, that its not working, because i have at Project explorer wrong settings(picture splosno.jpg)? I get error when i was working at Smart camera and not on My Computer. Because when i tried to load from disk some picture it was working normal at my computer. it is possible that i add this smart camera to my computer? I will need camera for my later project, because i will have to capture and save picture. When I try now to capture picture with camera at my computer wrote me an error 1074360311(with IMAQ snap). I tried to right click on my computer -->new-->target and device, but there i could not add camera.

regard,

Matjaz

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,898 Views)

Matjaz,

Of course you are getting error in your file. And it is related to what I saw in error message.

You run your VI test2 under smart camera - and I can bet that there is no c:\document and settings.... so my question would be - where do you want to save data? To smart camera or your PC? If you want to save it to smart camera, then your first example is good. You just didn't provide valid path. You can see file and folder structure on smart camera when you connect via FTP - in your case to access smart camera drive, in windows explorer write ftp://192.168.50.20.

If you want to log data to your local computer, I suggest to install some FTP server on your PC and then you can use FTP VIs to log the files.

Regards,

stefo

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,884 Views)