cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 56003 building packed library

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi
I am trying to build a packed library from my project. I keep getting an error both with Labview 10 and 2014:

Error 56003 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Copy_SourceItem.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_PackedLibrary.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW: Adding this item would cause a conflict with another item.

Unfortunately, no information is provided on which "item" is causing the problems.
Any ideas how to identfy the "item"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,064 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wsilh

wsilh, try to create a new project with only this library in it. See what dependencies are pulled with it , maybe a different lvlib/lvlibp is pulled in. Also, be careful where you use the lvlib (uncompiled) and the lvlibp (compiled) because they can clash with each other.

Is this library using another library?

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
Message 2 of 4
(4,041 Views)

Also check if the project you use to manage the lvlib/build script has unresolved conflicts. If so, trying to build will most likely fail for conflict reasons.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 3 of 4
(4,034 Views)

Thanks for your replies (also to Norbert)!

I just receated the project and one of the dependencies was showing a conflict that hasn't been there in the old project.

When I created the old project there were several conflicts which I had to fix. Probably I made a mistake with one of  these...

(Just for completeness: the project does contain another library with subVIs provided by the hardware manufacturers. Including this library caused most of the original conflicts)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,014 Views)