LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 54 in udp write when sending to ip 127.0.0.1 !

Solved!
Go to solution

hello friends !

i have installed labview 2012 and my projects (which i wrote in labview 2010) have some incompatibility issues.

one of them is error 54 (the network address is ill-formed etc...) when trying to send data to myself - to IP 127.0.0.1

in labview 2010 it was OK. now it is an error.

can someone help  ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,143 Views)

Hi Hookso,

It might be useful to ensure that a simple UDP example can run without error on your new installation. An example called UDP Sender.vi ships with LabVIEW 2012. To open this example go to the Help menu and click Find Examples...
Then under the Browse tab navigate to Networking>>TCP&UDP>>UDP Sender.vi

If this example runs properly, it would be useful to compare the example's block diagram to that of your program.

It may also be useful to attempt to mass compile the project, which will look for any possible errors in the code. This can be done from the Tools menu and navigating to Advanced>>Mass Compile...

David S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,107 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hookso

I found the problem with the help of your reply.

in "udp open" - net address node - i connected string constant (of course with str to ip function) that holds my network card ip address.

i removed that and the problem gone.

but it's strange because in labview 2010 it worked that way.

thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,095 Views)

Could be rather a network card driver problem than a LabVIEW one. If you wire an IP address to the Open function you tell the socket to route all traffic through that network. Technically 127.0.0.1 is the loopback device which is a virtual network card in itself so depending how the network socket stack is configured to route the traffic, the order to route the traffic through a specific physical network device may prevent it to ever reach the local loopback device.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,089 Views)