From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 41110

Solved!
Go to solution

I updated from 8.5.1 to 8.6 and did not install the MS office toolkits (I believe they automatically install in 8.6).  Now when I run the vi, it will not write to Excel and gives me a Error 41110.  Did I need to re-install my old version of the toolkit?

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,967 Views)

Hi Metzler,

For LabVIEW 8.6 you need the Report Generation Toolkit 1.1.3. 

RGT 1.1.3 only supports office versions Microsoft Office 2007/2003/XP.

To check if the toolkit is installed, I would suggest looking in NI License Manager >>Under LabVIEW 8.6. (Im not sure about the automatically install.. depends on the installation options you selected). 

If you've checked this all, then could you please explain a little bit more about your code? also are you deploying this code?

Hope this helps,

Message Edited by Hillman on 12-17-2008 03:38 PM
Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,958 Views)

According to NI License Manager, I have RGT 1.1.3. and I am running Office 2003. 

The input to my NI_report.lvclass:Append Table to Report.vi shows no error.  The output shows Error 41110, possible reasons "you specified invalid Word bookmarks or Excel named ranges". 

I writing data to an Excel template that has been renamed to include the product serial number.   Like I said, this worked great in LV 8.5.1.

Please see the included screen shot for information.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,941 Views)
by the way, I am only writing to sheet 1.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,938 Views)

I have tracked the error down to Excel Get Range.vi

The first nested case structure labeled 'default' is giving me an undefined error # 2146827284, which is then converted to a 41110 error before exiting the case structure.  This may be indicating the probably is indicating the reference is incorrect?  (Please see screen shot included.)

Is this because they changed the RPG VIs to use LabView Classes? 

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,931 Views)

Hi Metzler,

Thanks for the replies.

This error has been seen a few times:

#) Error -2146827284 Occurs When Using Append Table to Report.vi - Microsoft Excel has limit to the amount of rows and columns that it can process, and exceeding these limits will cause error -2146827284.

Microsoft Excel spreadsheets were limited to 256 columns and 65,536 rows until its 2007 release which increased these limits to 16,384 columns and 1 million rows. If these limits are exceeded and there is an attempt to access a row or column outside the allowed range, this error will occur: Error -2146827284 from the Excel_Get_Range VI.

#) Excel_Get_Range - the Excel Easy Table VI passes in empty data.  If you probe the input to the text data terminal, you will see that you are passing an empty array.  If you delete this input and create a constant with data in it, you will not see the error.

Q) Do you use the  Excel Set Cell Dimension.vi?

Please let me know how you get on,

If no joys, can you sent me some example code please?

Kind Regards
James Hillman
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,918 Views)

Thank you for your advise. 

1.  The vi worked fine before changing to 8.6. 

2.  The Excel_ Get_ Range.vi is within the Append Table to Report.vi, which is using the Append Numeric Table to Report.vi.  I don't have a text data input, only numeric data input.  I have local variables that are merged together, convert dynamic data to array, and input into the numeric data of the Append Table to Report.vi.

3.  I am not using the Excel Set Cell Dimension.vi.

4.  Does this error have something to do with not using named cells?  I am merging the data, specifying the beginning cell to use, and LabView fills in the cells in sequence.

5.  I have removed the merge data and tried to only input one value to the Append Numeric Table to Report.vi with no success.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,906 Views)

Hi Metzler,

I hope your well.

I will try to replicate this now - can you send me the code?

This error typically happens when trying to write data to a worksheet on the workbook that is not the first one. The Report Generation Toolkit only supports writing data to the first worksheet on a given workbook. In order to fix this, make sure that you are only trying to write data to the first worksheet.

OR, maybe you could take a look at the following tutorial,

Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel Using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 1

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3179

Thanks,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,904 Views)

Hi Metzler,

Also, Have you tried studying the examples in the NI-example finder?

If you could spend me an example then I can debug it.

Thanks,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,901 Views)

I originally designed the vi using some of the examples from NI.  I can't understand why it worked great in lv 8.5.1.

Included is a little sample that seems to have the same problem.

Thanks

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,886 Views)