From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -2558 using Open data storage express vi.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the appropriate Tektronix plugin installed and when I use the Open Data Storage Express vi to create new *.WFM file I get error -2558 indicating My system does not have the software installed to support the file type. I am using version 2015 SP1. Anyone else seeing this issue? What am I mising here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,777 Views)

RockerRon,

Are you following the steps listed at the link below to install the plugin

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4352/en/

and the steps listed below to use the plugin?

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11951/en/

Also can you see your installed plugin in the dropdown menu within the express VI?

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,724 Views)

I just noticed this line on the plugin page. This DataPlugin supports reading / importing of Tektronix waveform files.

It looks as though maybe creating .WFM files is unsupported with this plugin.

Thanks,

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,716 Views)

It sure does! I missed that line... can anyone confirm that there is no way (in labview) to save data from a waveform chart to a .WFM file?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,709 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RockerRon

I cannot find an easy or direct way to do this. There may be a way to convert a file that is saved in a different format if you can find (or create) a file converter. What is your end goal for writing a .WFM file? Will this be used by a device that only recognizes .WFM files?

Alex W.
Message 5 of 6
(3,682 Views)

I am opening multiple .wfm files to analyze them for MIN/MAX values. I want to save the new data (multiple waveforms) to a file for review later by piers. I will save it as a TDMS file that can contain multiple waveform channels. I wont be trying to use .WFM for that now that i see that the plug-in does not support that. thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,679 Views)